Native Rainbow Trout are found in Miss Iva’s Creek (Greenbrier) that feeds into Cosby Creek (about 1 mile) that is stocked with Rainbow Trout every 2 weeks (April – August). If you are renting a cabin on the creek or if you are renting from an owner (not Management Company) that has cabins on the creek, you can fish on “Private Property” without a license. Fishing from bank, not private property. requires a license. They are available for 1 day, 3 days, 1 week, etc. You can call to get an authorization number from the Wildlife & Fisheries by calling (888) 814-8972, and they will charge your credit card.

Also in the area is the Big Creek Campground in Hartford, TN (20 min) that offers great fishing as well. Going towards Gatlinburg, you will find the Greenbrier area in the park on the Little Pigeon River. Licenses are required in the park or National Forest.